Monday 10 February 2014

Frigiliana

We came across this lovely place by accident as one of the walks we did in the area ended here. When I looked around I fell in love with it straight away. It is a perfect, typical Andalusian ‘pueblo blanco’ or ‘white village’ with lovely whitewashed houses, a maze of windy cobbled streets and the usual an amazing vista.

As the place is built on a side of a hill the streets are steep and full of narrow alleys which hide small cafes and restaurants. Even though the houses themselves are white the village is still full of colour thanks to the amazing amount of plants and flowers displayed in the windows and balconies. It’s a truly lovely sight.

We didn’t have much time to look around but I swore to myself that one day I will come back here to explore this lovely place a bit more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment